As the above picture of the Egyptian Flag indicates the overall background is a tricolor consisting of Red, White and Black.
The description of the Eygyptian Flag is as follows:
1. Three equal horizontal bands of red (top), white, and black
2. The national emblem (a shield superimposed on a golden eagle facing the hoist side above a scroll bearing the name of the country in Arabic) centered in the white band.
According to Ancient and Heraldic traditions much symbolism is associated with colors. The colors on the Egyptian flag represent the following:
White - peace and honesty
Red - hardiness, bravery, strength & knightliness & valiancy
Black - Determination
The Meaning & History of the Egyptian Flag
1. The Egyptian National emblem represents the eagle of Salah ul-Deen
2. From 1923 Egypt adopted a green flag depicting three stars within the crescent representing the peoples living in Egypt - the Muslims, Christians and Jews
3. The NEW Egyptian flag (see above picture.. XD) was adopted on October 4, 1984
GO EGYPT!! (my country.. though I personally was made in the U.S.)